Photographs of nature, places and objects that have caught my eye.

Φωτογραφίες απο την φύση, απο τόπους και αντικείμενα που μου χτύπησαν στο μάτι.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

My friends in Crete. Οι φίλοι μου στην Κρήτη.

Across the small valley with this beautiful view live and are nesting on the tall cypress trees, this magnificent pair of hawks. I have been watching them for the past ten years, whenever I am at the village, to circle around, hunting and raising their young. I have also witnessed their airfights with the ravens living in the area. There is a constant friction between them. Every time I am there, they never fail to fly low above the old family house and greet me with their shrieks.
Απέναντι από το πατρικό σπίτι στην Κρήτη, στην άλλη μεριά της μικρής κοιλάδας φωλιάζουν αυτά τα όμορφα γεράκια και ζουν, κυνηγούν και μεγαλώνουν τα μικρά τους στην περιοχή. Τα τελευταία δέκα χρόνια, κάθε φορά που βρίσκομαι εκεί, θα βρούν την ευκαιρία να πετάξουν χαμηλά από πάνω και να με χαιρετήσουν με τις κραυγές των.

Post a Comment