Photographs of nature, places and objects that have caught my eye.

Φωτογραφίες απο την φύση, απο τόπους και αντικείμενα που μου χτύπησαν στο μάτι.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Streets of San Francisco (XVI). Οι δρόμοι του Σαν Φραντσίσκο (XVI).

I have not visited many big cities in America. Before this trip, I had been to New York and Chicago both for work and for visiting relatives. From all the cities I have seen, I find San Francisco more friendly and "human". I enjoyed taking the cable car from one end of the line to the other, sometimes getting off and walking the side streets myself, not minding the steep slopes or the not so good weather. There was always something beautiful, colorful to see, admire and photograph. Here I am showing you a series of some really beautiful and colorful old houses, built in the "Victorian Style" and they are all beautifully preserved. Unfortunately, as I learned, many of those old beauties have been demolished.
Δεν έχω δεί πολλές πόλεις της Αμερικής. Πριν από αυτό το ταξίδι είχα πάει μόνο στην Νέα Υόρκη και το Σικάγο και για δουλειά και για επισκεφτώ συγγενείς. Από όλες τις πόλεις που έχω δει, βρίσκω το Σαν Φραντσίσκο το πιο φιλικό και ανθρώπινο. Μ' άρεσε να παιρνω το τράμ, και να πηγαίνω από την μια άκρη της γραμμής ως την άλλη. Πολλές φορές κατέβαινα και γύριζα στους παράδρομους, αδιαφορώντας για τις απότομες ανηφοριές ή τον άσχημο καιρό. Πάντα είχες κάτι όμορφο και πολύχρωμο να δείς και να φωτογραφίσεις. Θ' ανεβάσω μια σειρά φωτογραφιών από την περιοχή με τα παλιά "Βικτωριανά" σπίτια. Είναι πανέμορφα και πολύ όμορφα διατηρημένα. Δυστυχώς, πολλά από αυτά έχουνε κατεδαφιστεί και δεν υπάρχουν πια.

Post a Comment