Photographs of nature, places and objects that have caught my eye.

Φωτογραφίες απο την φύση, απο τόπους και αντικείμενα που μου χτύπησαν στο μάτι.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Las Vegas. The city of excess. (I) Λας Βέγκας. Η πόλη της υπερβολής(I)

After the overwhelming experience of Grand Canyon, I was hesitating to upload photographs from Las Vegas. We had to stay there as we used the city as a base for visiting Grand Canyon. I cannot compare it with any other place I have seen. Everything looks so excessive and fake. And, depending on anyone's gusto, kitsch. The time I was there, they were celebrating the Chinese New Year. The Year of the Rabbit. And everywhere we went, the decorations were dedicated to the event. At least, they were colorful. The first photographs I am uploading, were taken from inside the car, as we were driving along the streets towards our hotel.
Μετά την συγκλονιστική εμπειρία με το Γκραν Κάνυον, δίσταζα να βάλω φωτογραφίες από το Λας Βέγκας. Έπρεπε να μείνουμε εκεί, γιατί το χρησιμοποιήσαμε σαν βάση για την επίσκεψη στο Γκραν Κάνυον. Δεν μοιάζει με κανένα από τα μέρη που έχω δεί. Τα πάντα φαίνονται υπερβολικά και ψεύτικα. Και ανάλογα με τα γούστα του καθενός, κακόγουστα και κίτς. Τις μέρες που ήμουν εκεί, γιόρταζαν την κινέζικη πρωτοχρονιά. Το Έτος του Λαγού. Και οι στολισμοί, ήταν όλοι βασισμένοι σ' αυτό το θέμα. Τουλάχιστον ήταν πολύχρωμα. Οι πρώτες φωτογραφίες που ανεβάζω, τραβήχτηκαν μέσα από το αυτοκίνητο, ενώ πηγαίναμε προς το ξενοδοχείο.

Post a Comment